ADRA Ukraine is a subunit of a large worldwide network ADRA that presents in 130 countries with the main Office that is situated in Washington D.C. ADRA Ukraine has been operating in Ukraine since 1993. Due to humanitarian response, ADRA Ukraine is providing humanitarian assistance to internally displaced people in 15 regions of Ukraine.
ADRA Ukraine is currently looking for an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Coordinator for two-year project “Repair and relief services for people affected by the crisis in Eastern Ukraine” funded by German Foreign Office.
Starting date: ASAP
Under the supervision of the Project Manager in Kramatorsk, the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Coordinator (hereinafter ‘MEAL Coordinator’) ensures effective monitoring and results reporting to stakeholders and donor partners. He/she ensures that project evaluations/surveys are carried out according to schedules and that findings and recommendations are implemented and followed up.
The MEAL Coordinator will focus on the following areas and beyond:
- Implementation of monitoring and evaluation policies and strategies;
- Management of the evaluation process;
- Maintenance of Complaint Response Mechanism system and implementation of accountability and transparency policies;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing on monitoring, evaluation and accountability.
- Support Project Manager in planning, budgeting, reporting and oversight of project evaluations;
- Responsibility for promotion of evaluation standards, quality assurance/control and capacity development in the field office;
- Coordination of M&E team in organizing PDM surveys and evaluations focused on Shelter and PSS activities;
- Timely preparation of sound analytical documents with well-reviewed and sound positions on areas evaluated, assessment of the impact and effectiveness of project;
- Follow up on implementation of evaluation recommendations. Ensuring the optimal use of evaluations by providing guidance in preparation of timely management response to all mandatory evaluations and by developing a communication plan;
- Development and maintenance of database of complaints and feedback from beneficiaries and communities;
- Other duties as assigned by a Project Manager.
- Compliance to international best practices in Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills in creating messages, focusing results, and project success stories;
- Ability to effectively provide feedback to the Donor partners and to local authorities;
- Ability to work autonomously and on own initiative;
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position;
- Analyses the requirements and synthesizes proposals;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments. Ability to priorities and work well under pressure.
Required Educational Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- University degree in the fields of Economics, Public Administration, Business Management, Engineering, or any other related subject
- Minimum year of professional experience as MEAL Coordinator and two years of experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation.
- Fluency in Ukrainian, English, and Russian languages is a must.
- Strong IT skills, command on computer programs including SPSS, Access, SQL and other statistical packages.
Contact: Please send your Cover Letter with contact details of reference persons and CV in English including salary expectations to the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.